The Main Building at Notre Dame was constructed in 1879 and was remodeled during a two year program (1997-1999). When the renovation was accomplished, one of the primary directives was return the building to its original splendor and glory.
The restrooms in the Main Building have Stovax Victorian tile floors (imported from England). The main door to all restrooms is refinished in their original glory of stained wood. Interior partition doors are finished solid oak mounted to marble finished partitions. Drinking fountains are inside a partitioned portion of the restroom. Faucets on sinks are designer accented with chrome and brass. Counters are built in for diaper changing and/or for luggage/bags. The lighting is classical 1800’s style lighting suspended from the ceiling in reflector bowls. Walls and floors are tiled and accented with color tiles.